As a business owner, you may think what does it matter whether I am good or bad at Maths, but it may be affecting your business more than you realise. When I am working with clients, I often uncover issues in their business which are causing them anxiety and additional stress. This additional stress means that profits are affected and often there is sabotage in carrying out tasks which would help your business grow and make the money you are wanting to earn to have the life you desire. If you are not focussing on the numbers in your business, you will be missing out on a lot more profit that you could be earning. If you don’t look at the numbers, you might overlook money being lost/wasted and you could be missing out on the success of your business.
It is imperative that you are managing numbers effectively as well as meditating around the numbers you want to achieve in your business in your mind e.g. If you have a goal to make £20000 in your business by June, you need to be planning in your mind what do you need to achieve this. For example, run 20 discovery sessions, work with 10 clients on a 1-1 basis, sell 1000 books, sell 30 online courses at £30 each, etc. Get the idea. It is time to take action if this is a problem. If you do nothing you will find that you might not be thinking big enough and it will take you longer to achieve success. Worst case scenario, you will go bust. Is your poor maths ability affecting the profits in your business?
What will be affected if you don’t take any action?
- You will find it hard to track expenses and mileage. If fact, you might be in a bad habit of not recording this as you go and struggle to get organised in this area
- You probably will avoid adding figures into documents such as financial projections, business plan and working out how to make a profit in your business
- You will find it a challenge to understand the terminology around business finances – profit/loss, balance sheets, debit/credit, etc
- You won’t check regularly your finances on and offline as you get confused by where payments are coming from
- You won’t track your numeric progress against your goals e.g. Knowing that you have only done 5 discovery calls when in fact you had to do 10 to achieve your goal
- You will avoid tracking where your sales come from, so that can measure your success and make changes if you need to
- You probably won’t even think about doing other number related tasks like looking at your social media statistics to see what is or isn’t working
- You may have delegated your book keeping to an accountant, and you never look at the reports they produce as you don’t understand them and you are afraid to ask for help
If you are experiencing any of the above, it is likely that your mind is going back to a maths related issue in the past where you were made to feel bad about your maths ability. You may have been humiliated or been embarrassed by your maths teacher when you tried to understand the maths you were being taught but you just didn’t understand it. You may have tried and tried to get your maths homework right and your hard work was dismissed by your teacher/parents. In the end you might just give up when it comes to maths. What is the point?
If you don’t sort out this issue from the past, you have a very high chance of going bust in business or going into debt. I can help you, really easily and you will make more money in your business by removing this emotional issue from the past. With my help, you can release how you felt in the past and understand how to do the relatively simple maths needed in your business. If you would like to be able to focus on the numeric stuff in your business with ease, then you may like to book to have a free discovery call with me, so that I can help you understand how I can help you move past this issue. No maths is involved I promise!! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.