Are you funny about money…how well do you value yourself?
Having been through many highs and lows in my life, one of those issues that always seems to crop up is money. Sometimes I’ve had lots and lots of it and other times, I have been known to be down to my last £2 in my purse. Ek!!! It has not been a comfortable feeling when I have experienced this. I’ve been on benefit, employed in a highly paid job and been self employed too which have all played a part in how I managed my cash and paid my bills. As crunching numbers have never been ‘my thing’, I’ve always shied away from focussing on my finances, but I have to tell you that this is part of the problem.
Take a look at your behaviour….
What is clear though, having studied my mind and others, is that it is all down to my behaviour around money that is causing me a problem. I’ve also had a lack of respect for money and never really valued its importance. I guess I’ve never been materialistic, however to do good in the world and for me to pay my expenses, I do need it!!! I’ve never been consistent about how I manage my money and this has caused me great anxiety without realising it. Your mind is very powerful and thinks about wealth in two ways – from Abundance or from Scarcity. I’ve always operated from scarcity.
Another clear thing also, is that I also haven’t valued me enough either. Giving away my time as if it was not important seems to be a key feature, whether that is over running after an appointment (so I can keep helping the person I am working with) or just seeing clients for free. I like to be liked, like everyone does, but of course I have bills to pay too. The problem with giving things away for free, is that the other person does not value your time or experience. It can also be really awkward for them too as they may want to see you more, but don’t feel that they can as you are not charging them. Actually, people do prefer to pay for things that they value and will pay a higher price for something that helps them.
Lying underneath whether you have money or not, is how much value you place on yourself and on your skills and experience. Ultimately, your self worth. Your self worth underpins your confidence, your self esteem and the results/goals that you achieve in life. You have to look after yourself to have money. If you are not looking after your health, you will ultimately not be valuing yourself.
Start making small changes now…..
- Decide to take responsibility for your finances now. If it feels uncomfortable, then start unpacking why it does. When you are honest with yourself and take responsibility, money will start to flow more.
- Keep a spending diary for a month and really look at what you are spending money on. Write down how you are feeling when you go to buy something you don’t really need. This is an emotional response which will be keeping you living at Scarcity.
- Set a consistent time per week, to manage your finances and to pay your bills. If you get into a habit of doing this, you will feel more in control and you can then spend more time doing what you want to do, rather than worrying that you need to sort out your finances.
- Start looking for all the positive things that you have in your life and be grateful for them. Being grateful for the money you do have and what you have been able to buy, however small, will send a message to the universe that you are respecting the money you have.
- Consider if you are giving away too much time or money. If you are an avid Charity supporter but you are in debt, work out how much money you are donating. Charity starts at home. 10% of your salary can be given away, but only when you have no debts. Remember you can always donate your time and experience to help them and raise money by asking others with money to sponsor you!!
If you would like to know more, contact me directly. I can work with you on a 1-1 basis about how to value yourself more and to ultimately attract more health, wealth and happiness into your life. Contact me on 07815 904848 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. I offer a money back guarantee as I am so confident I can help you succeed and meet your goals and dreams. The only thing you have to do is follow the guidance and take action after we have met!
You may also be interested in my free money mindset workshops. More information can be found on my website www.insightfulminds.co.uk and there is also a free download on hints and tips around money on the home page.
To your health, wealth and happiness!!!